Curious to know how many visitors have come to your website in the past month? If you’re not, you should be! Our website statistics service can provide monthly email reports about hits, visits, search engine referrals and more. Want a more detailed look at your stats? We can provide a in-depth login so you can analyze past month’s data and even see where in the world your visitors are coming from (literally!). To provide website statistics about your site, we do need to host it. Please check out our website hosting page for more info.
A glimpse of our web log analytics tool
On another note, here are some great statistics on WHY you need a great website and other services ProNets offers...
- Nearly all consumers (97 percent) now use online media when researching products or services in their local area, according to BIA/Kelsey’s (www.bia.com and www.kelseygroup.com) User View Wave VII, an ongoing consumer tracking study conducted with research partner ConStat. Among consumers surveyed, 90 percent use search engines, 48 percent use Internet Yellow Pages, 24 percent use vertical sites, and 42 percent use comparison shopping sites.
- 58 percent of respondents report using an online coupon when shopping for products or services in their local area in the past year.
- 19 percent of respondents report making an appointment online in the past six months for a service other than a restaurant reservation (e.g., business appointment, health-care appointment, auto service or personal service such as a beauty shop).
(from Website Magazine's December 2010 issue)
- (About online coupons) A survey conducted by Harris Interactive found that 34 percent of today's web consumers will postpone any purchases until they have the necessary coupons, up from 30 percent last year and 27 percent in 2008. Even more telling is the fact that online coupon usage has also increased among men in every age bracket...
- (About Product Reviews) ...the vast majority of shoppers consistently read reviews before making their purchase decisions (63% in 2010 according to the e-tailing group). Also, the Deloitte Consumer Products group reports that 82 percent of all consumers who consistently read online reviews (62% according to Deloitte's data) claim to be directly influenced by what they read - which either affirms an intended purchases or discourages one.